If you are a publisher looking for a faster and more efficient way to align content but you do not want to outsource, we have the perfect solution.
Need to outsource alignment because you don't have time to track standards from all over the world and don't have a team of correlators on staff with knowledge about every subject under the sun? No problem.
EdGate's Correlation Recommendation Tool provides a "hands-off" correlation process. As more and more content publishers have approached EdGate regarding the need to align thousands, and in some cases, millions, of educational resources, it became clear that we needed a solution that could handle high volumes of metadata, provides immediate results, and is cost-effective.
Need keywords to increase discoverability of your content?
EdGate offers the ability to suggest key terms based on customer metadata. This service analyzes textual metadata associated with a resource and returns search terms or keywords that would be useful in locating that resource.
The ExACT Alignment Tool (DIY)
If you are a publisher looking for a fast, efficient way to align content and store a high volume of metadata, we have the perfect solution.
ExACT, the EdGate DIY alignment tool was developed to empower publishers with the ability to correlate their unique content to standards. Using ExACT, publishers are able to use the same robust technology that EdGate uses. Publishers who are aligning content state-by-state now have a way to globally correlate their content to all appropriate standards in one fell swoop. Yes, that means your content is automatically “crosswalked” to all states.
How does it work?
The framework upon which ExACT was developed is EdGate's Concept Index. The Concept Index is a taxonomical list of educational concepts (terms) that was designed and built on K12 standards and has been refined and improved year after year. The list of terms which has been aligned to all standards in our repository is what ties everything together and allows for a global alignment to all standards.
The user simply chooses the concept(s) they want to 'tag' the item to and hits 'submit'. It is at that point that the item is correlated to any/all standards containing the same concept(s). The correlation remains in 'Pending' status until the designated Administrator, a publisher staff member, reviews and authorizes the alignment.
What are the benefits?
- Manage the correlations in-house;
- House your content metadata in one convenient place;
- Globally align content such as a single item or multiple resources either by standard(s) or concept(s);
- The tool features dynamic ways to perform searches and filter your content based on Grade, Subject, and Key Term;
- Save time and money by not being forced to correlate state-by-state;
- No need to re-correlate each time a state makes changes to the standards. The alignments are maintained by EdGate so when standards are updated they are automatically and seamlessly reflected in the correlation performed by the publisher;
- The correlations can be fully integrated into your system and are yours to keep forever.
Need to outsource alignment because you don’t have time to track standards from all over the world and don’t have a team of correlators on staff with knowledge about every subject under the sun? No problem. To meet the challenges of correlating to hundreds of similar but not identical standards, EdGate utilizes the power of the ExACT technology and the professional experience of subject area experts to align content for each client. Our team of subject matter experts, primarily former educators and librarians, uses the EdGate patented Technology and Methodology to get the most accurate alignment results. Our staff is known for their superior customer support and is continually developing new solutions to advance client success in the marketplace.
EdGate’s Correlation Recommendation Tool provides a “hands-off” correlation process. As more and more content publishers have approached EdGate regarding the need to align thousands, and in some cases, millions, of educational resources, it became clear that we needed a solution that could handle high volumes of metadata, provides immediate results, and is cost-effective.
ExACT AutoAlign offers the following capabilities:
- Analysis of metadata associated with a resource and recommendation of educational concepts from the EdGate Taxonomy.
- The metadata in question can be the item's title, description, or other textual information provided by the client.
- Concepts are associated with the resource and correlations can then be made to state or national standards using EdGate's patented process.
- Recommendation of relevant keywords to aid in discoverability of the resource.
- ExACT AutoAlign correlations are completed in a fraction of the time that a traditional correlation process takes, mapping to millions of machine readable standards in the EdGate database, including to the IMS Global CASE identifiers.
- API access or via the ExACT base Correlation Tool through subscription service.
ExACT AutoAlign relies on machine learning and provides the most relevant AI-based suggestions in relation to the resource metadata. EdGate subject matter experts (SMEs) use ExACT alignment tool to tag thousands of resources each year. As content is tagged, our system becomes more and more familiar with the relationship between metadata and corresponding educational concepts, making ExACT AutoAlign increasingly accurate.
Automated Keyword Creation
Need keywords to increase discoverability of your content?
EdGate offers the ability to suggest key terms based on customer metadata. This service analyzes textual metadata associated with a resource and returns search terms or keywords that would be useful in locating that resource. The metadata used for the analysis can be the resource title, descriptions, or any other details provided by the client. The service can be accessed through EdGate's API or via the ExACT tool, or the metadata can be supplied to EdGate for processing and results delivered via our bulk download service.
How is this beneficial to a client? Creation of search terms can have several benefits; the client can, for example, collate the terms found for their content into a list and use it to provide suggestions for their users or to sort their content into categories. Being able to create search terms automatically requires no specially trained personnel and is much less time-consuming than performing this task with human reviewers. Additionally, the search terms can be used as input for EdGate’s ExACT AutoAlign, our correlation recommendation tool, allowing the additional creation of correlations to state standards.
The recommended use for this feature is for clients that have large quantities of content that is not amenable to detailed review by subject matter experts (videos, in particular), clients who need a group of terms for organizational purpose; or need key terms in addition to correlations.