The EdGate Data Service is a REST-based API platform that allows clients direct, secure access to the EdGate data repository. Using the API gives clients complete control in creating tools to display standards and correlation data.
Receive a one-time or weekly bulk download of data files in tab delimited or XML format delivered and accessible through a password-protected web interface.
Hosted by EdGate, the CUI is an iFrame designed to be branded and embedded into your website. The CUI empowers users to dynamically search and retrieve the correlation data in real time.
Web Service API
The EdGate Data Service is a REST-based API platform that allows clients direct, secure access to the largest and most up to date repository of K-12 national and international educational standards in the world.
Features available via the API
- Browse standards and view detailed metadata about each standard
- Search standards
- See relationships between standards from different sets and authorities
- View correlated standards for a content item
- View correlated items for a standard
- Faceted search of all client content metadata housed by EdGate
- View other related client content for a specific content item
- Upload, edit, and delete content items individually or in batches
- Manage content grouping and organization
- Correlate content by hand or use the automated alignment service
- Suggest key terms, subject areas, and grade levels based on content metadata
- Access to browse and search EdGate's Curricular Concept Index
Using the API gives clients and their developers complete flexibility and control in creating tools to display standards and correlation data. Clients have full control over the user interface components and processes. Moreover, clients no longer have to maintain and update a large database of standards and correlation data. Standards and correlation data housed by EdGate is always up to date with the most recently adopted curriculum available in real-time as repository updates occur. Furthermore, all standards are organized hierarchically in context of their intermediate and parent standards.
There are many possible applications of the data available via the API for building functionality into your existing website:
- Integrate a standards search/browse tool into e-commerce applications to find and purchase client’s offerings that correlate to specific standards.
- Integrate standards correlations into existing product detail pages.
- Display other related products in product detail pages
- Build custom reports for use by internal and external customers
- Implement a full featured product search
- Integrate content submission process for correlation into existing tools
- Filtering of searches to refine results for particular needs
- Many, many more…
The bulk download option consists of data files in Tab Delimited or XML format. Bulk downloads are available to both our licensing and correlation clients with data files delivered and accessible through a password-protected web interface each week. Based upon the services contracted, a bulk download will include any one or more of the following:
- Educational standards identified by a Universal Unique Identifier (UUID) in a hierarchical format as outlined by the state.
- Client content with associated standards and metadata such as grade and subject.
- All concepts with associated standards for each subject licensed (Concept Index licensing only).
The Correlation User Interface (CUI) is EdGate’s most popular deliverable for promoting aligned instructional resources directly from your website. In addition to marketing the alignments, the CUI empowers users to dynamically search and retrieve the correlation data in real time.
Hosted by EdGate, this iFrame is designed to be branded and embedded into client websites and can be customized in order to maintain each organizations look and feel. Search options may include grade, subject, standards, products and key terms.
Check out the basic CUI below to see how this option could work for you. For more examples or to inquire about customization, please contact an EdGate representative.