Location: Gig Harbor, WA
Local candidates are preferred
Job Type: Part-time
The position is for 29 hours per week. Partial telecommuting may be an option.
Digital Content Editor/Writer
EdGate Correlation Services is looking for temporary part-time team members to assist with film editing and synopsis writing. A background in journalism or teaching would be beneficial.
- Proofreading of client supplied video metadata to meet guidelines provided by EdGate Project Manager;
- Watching video content to:
- Identify natural breaks in video content to create video segments;
- Identify and document speakers and associated biographical information;
- Provide concise and accurate summaries of subject matter in video segments;
- Adjust varied content to an academic audience in a consistent style and format;
- Direct educators to content through the use of searchable terms and succinct writing.
- Computer proficiency with minimum typing speed of 55wpm
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Superior ability to use the Internet to conduct research on any topic as well as the capacity to discern credible sources of information
- Excellent writing and editing skills necessary to review media and other various documents and ability to generate descriptive summaries
- Expert spelling, grammar, and punctuation skills
- Knowledge of APA Style
- Personal integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent time management skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to anticipate problems, identify workable alternatives, and communicate effectively to achieve a desirable outcome.
- Candidates with Arts/Humanities B.A. degree or those currently pursuing a B.A. in those subjects preferred.