EdGate Correlation Services is looking to hire an employee to work on the alignment/correlation* of Science and Technology Education/Computer Science content to K-12 educational standards. In the area of science, candidates should be familiar with the main divisions/subjects of Science at the K-12 levels. In the area of technology education, candidates should be familiar with AP Computer Science courses and have general knowledge of Software Engineering Principles, Introductory Programming Language, Object Oriented Programming.
*Alignment/Correlation: To align/correlate publisher content we have developed a method using a controlled vocabulary to tag content and standards resulting in alignments.
Location: Gig Harbor, WA
Job Type: Part-time
Work Remotely: Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Develop extensive knowledge of the tagging process and the controlled vocabulary list
- Review and keyword tag publisher content as assigned
- Perform gap analysis and use back-end administrative tools to improve and review correlations
- Keyword tag of educational standards
- Continuing refinement of the Science and Technology Education Concept Taxonomies
- Assistance with planning team resources for job completion
- Work with EdGate team, to support client implementation and other tasks associated with client support and response
Additionally, candidate will need to:
- Utilize technology such as Excel or MS Word or other application software to complete projects
- Maintain established production schedule and meet identified timelines for each project i.e. number of items per hour or number of lesson plans per week
- Work as part of a team to complete projects, which match skill set and the requirements for the project.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- K – 12 Teaching Certificate with demonstrated teaching experience desirable but other teaching experience may be substituted
- Demonstrated technical experience with emphasis on the use of spreadsheets and web-based system
- Ability to follow directions but work independently to complete a project
- Ability to problem solve and be a self-starter
What this opportunity offers:
- Extensive in-house and on the job training
- Benefits package (once candidate transitions to full time)
- Our office is walking-distance from shops, restaurants, amenities
- Dog friendly office days each Friday
Most importantly, this job offers you the opportunity to work with a team that is fully invested in the products and services that we offer our clients as part of the education of a child. You will contribute to the success of this business.
Please note that due to COVID-19 this job is temporarily fully remote. Once we can safely return to our office, the job will be accomplished on site in our Gig Harbor, WA office.
Additionally, this position will start as a 29-hour position, but will transition to a 40 hour per week.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.