EdGate Correlation Services is looking to hire a full time employee to work on the alignment/correlation* of Science and Technology Education/Computer Science content to K-12 educational standards. In the area of science, candidates should be familiar with the main divisions/subjects of Science at the K-12 levels. In the area of technology education, candidates should be familiar with AP Computer Science courses and have general knowledge of Software Engineering Principles, Introductory Programming Language, Object Oriented Programming.
*Alignment/Correlation: To align/correlate publisher content we have developed a method using a controlled vocabulary to tag content and standards resulting in alignments.
Location: Gig Harbor, WA
Job Type: Full Time
- Develop extensive knowledge of the tagging process and the controlled vocabulary list
- Review and keyword tag publisher content as assigned
- Perform gap analysis and use back-end administrative tools to improve and review correlations
- Keyword tag of educational standards
- Continuing refinement of the Science and Technology Education Concept Taxonomies
- Assistance with planning team resources for job completion
- Work with EdGate team, to support client implementation and other tasks associated with client support and response
Additionally, candidate will need to:
- Utilize technology such as Excel or MS Word or other application software to complete projects
- Maintain established production schedule and meet identified timelines for each project i.e. number of items per hour or number of lesson plans per week
- Work as part of a team to complete projects, which match skill set and the requirements for the project.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- K – 12 Teaching Certificate with demonstrated teaching experience desirable but other teaching experience may be substituted
- Demonstrated technical experience with emphasis on the use of spreadsheets and web-based system
- Ability to follow directions but work independently to complete a project
- Ability to problem solve and be a self-starter
What this opportunity offers:
- Extensive in-house and on the job training
- Benefits package
- Our office is walking-distance from shops, restaurants, amenities
- Dog friendly office days each Friday
Most importantly, this job offers you the opportunity to work with a team that is fully invested in the products and services that we offer our clients as part of the education of a child. You will contribute to the success of this business. This is not a remote position. The job needs to be performed on location at the Gig Harbor, WA office.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.