EdGate Correlation Services is looking for part-time, temporary team members to assist with indexing podcasts.
- Listening to podcast shows/episodes to create "person" records.
- Capture metadata on hosts, co-hosts, guests, producers.
- Conduct research in order to expand metadata/biographic information completing fields such as profession, stage name, country of origin, characters played.
- Find links to Social Media.
- Use batch processing to index large quantities of podcasts.
- Edit biographies for grammar, punctuation, style.
Qualifications and Skills
- Computer proficiency, especially familiar working in databases.
- Superior ability to use the Internet to conduct research on any topic as well as the capacity to discern credible sources of information
- Personal integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent time management skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to anticipate problems, identify workable alternatives, and communicate effectively to achieve a desirable outcome.
- College degree preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of APA style preferred.
Partial telecommuting may be an option.
The position is for 29 hours per week. The project is temporary, but may extend to several months or beyond.
Please submit a cover letter and CV.
This is a part-time position in Gig Harbor, WA. Our office is walking-distance from shops, restaurants, amenities. Healthy salad lunch (opt-in). Dog-friendly office days each Friday.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.