EdGate Offers CTE Standards Licensing and Correlation


Career Technical Education (CTE) standards and the Common Career Technical Core (CCTC) standards can be licensed from EdGate.

EdGate offers 2.7 million CTE standards through EdGate’s repository. CTE and CCTC standards help EdGate support educational publishers in their efforts to educate young people with the technical and employability skills needed in today’s economy.

According to Advance CTE: State Leaders Connecting Learning to Work, 46 states and three territories have state-approved secondary CTE standards and 13 states and two territories have state-approved postsecondary standards. The state CTE standards are unique to each state. The breakdown of courses within these areas can vary quite a bit from state to state depending on, among other things, the types of industry most important to the state's economy. 

In 2012, with support from 42 states, the District of Columbia and Palau, Advance CTE released the CCTC standards in an effort to create a consistent, shared set of standards that can be used by a student regardless of where he or she lives. States can choose to use the CCTC as a benchmark, voluntarily adopt the standards or disregard them as they see fit.

The CCTC standards represent a complex web of standards containing 16 “Career Clusters,” which are groups of jobs and industries related by skills or products. Within each cluster, there are “Career Pathways” that correspond to a collection of courses and training opportunities to prepare students for a given career.

Students, parents and educators can use Career Clusters to help focus education plans towards obtaining the necessary knowledge, competencies and training for success in a particular career pathway. CCTC are benchmark standards that define what a student needs to know and be able to do at the end of a program of study, whereas the CTE state standards are course-level standards that are more occupational or job focused.

Contact us for more information on how EdGate can help you with your CTE licensing or correlation needs.